Social partnership is one of the RUEA priorities, and in the framework of social partnership, RUEA represents and promotes the interests of employers in Armenia.
The Tripartite Collective Agreement was initiated in 2009 at the state level between the Government of Armenia, RUEA and the Confederation of Trade Unions of Armenia, within the framework of the signed Collective Agreement.
Based on the Tripartite Collective Agreement, the above-mentioned 3 social partners carry out joint discussions and meetings of the Tripartite Commission in the following areas: legislative amendments and strategies, including labor right and labor code, the Law about the Minimum Monthly Salary, social protection programs, employment strategy and annual state support programs for employment promotion, occupational safety and related legislative and regulatory acts of the "Health and Labor Inspection Body", education-labor market cooperation, SME issues, etc.
The objectives of the Collective Agreement are:
- Promotion of decent work in Armenia,
- Social protection and employment promotion of vulnerable groups, especially people with disabilities,
- Occupational safety and health,
- SME development,
- Employment promotion in the country, including programs for women and youth,
- Development of social partnership at various levels,
- Improvement of socio-labor relations and deriving economic relations in the country.
The Trilateral Commission consists of 15 members (5 from each side). The Commission sessions are held 4 times a year, and its management is carried out on a rotational basis since 2020. The period of October 2021 – October 2022 was chaired by RUEA.
In the field of vocational education (VET), there is another trilateral commission - the "National Council for Vocational Education and Training Development", which was established in 2008.
The Council's agenda includes:
- improvement of VET legislation,
- promotion of social partnership in VET institutions (colleges, schools),
- increasing the role of employers and social partnership in the framework of education-labor market cooperation,
- skills improvement,
- development and adjustment of educational standards,
- development of work-based learning,
- promotion of occupational safety and health (OSH) in the training programs,
- promotion of youth employment,
- education in line with professions and skills demanded by the labor market,
- promoting the activities of career centers,
- continuous cooperation with the European Training Foundation (ETF), adaptation of the best international practices in the VET field.
- effective implementation of other EU support programs.
The National Council for Vocational Education and Training Development has 21 members (7 representatives from each side), the commission is chaired by the Minister of Education, Science, Culture and Sport in Armenia. Sessions are held 3 times a year. The Council is an advisory body to the Government of Armenia in the field of VET.
Started: 2-August-2020 Ended: 30-June-2021This study assessed the food security system in Armenia during crises, especially during the months of the COVID-19 pandemic, and established a knowledge base for contribution to future food security new policy developments in Armenia.
15-05-2021The food security system can become a cornerstone for integrating and linking various sectors of the economy and becoming an alternative model for economic development. RUEA has been working with the World Food Programme in a multiphase assessment of Armenia’s food security system. On 5 February, 2021 we had a mini-conference to discuss the pillars around which food security system of Armenia can help develop the other sectors of the economy (we estimated at least 15 such sector linkages with food security).
01-03-2023"Favorable Environment and State Support Effective Tools for Sustainable SME Development and Sustainable Employment in various sectors of the RA Economy" project launchedIn the framework of the project, sociological surveys are carried out among SMEs, in-depth interviews are conducted with specialists, experts and entrepreneurs from different sectors of the RA economy, and focus group discussions are organized with state officials, experts and representatives of SMEs.
21-04-2023Armenian-Chinese business forum took place in Yerevan to develop and expand the Armenian-Chinese trade-economic relations. The event was organized by the Republican Union of Employers of Armenia and the China Overseas Development Association (CODA).